We encourage all children to wear uniform as it reinforces a pride in our school and a sense of belonging. The school colour is maroon. All children are encouraged to wear items from the simple uniform below. Please make sure that ALL clothing and footwear is clearly marked with your child’s name – either with a laundry pen or iron-on/sew-in labels – as uniform does tend to migrate from one end of the school to the other and it does make rummaging thro the Lost Property boxes easier!
The PTFA have a used uniform sale on some Fridays after school in the School Hall. Donations of school uniform items that are no longer required are most welcome. The second hand uniform is sorted for quality, please come along on Fridays to browse – watch the newsletter for the next sale.
Uniform with the embroidered school motif – fleece jackets, polo shirts, PE t-shirt, jumpers and cardigans – is available online from MyClothing.com who donate 5% of each sale to the school. You can also purchase directly from Batemans Sports, 2 Kendrick Street, Stroud, GL5 1AB. Call them for stock and to order: 01453 764320.
Generic school uniform – tunics, skirts, trousers, shorts, PE kit – is available at the National School Wear shop or at high street shops like Next, M&S, BHS or larger supermarkets such as Tesco and Asda. Many uniform items are available on the online stores of these companies. School uniform in the supermarkets is often very seasonal – lots available at the beginning of the summer holiday, limited sizes and choice by September. It can be a good idea to buy it when you see it – taking into account your child’s growth spurts – or order online.
Children are encouraged not to wear items of jewellery in school, with the exception of stud earrings and wristwatches, as items often cause minor accidents or become lost. Please name wristwatches.
- Grey tunic or skirt
- White blouse or polo shirt or maroon school polo shirt
- Maroon school jumper / sweatshirt / cardigan with embroidered motif
- Summer: yellow or red(maroon) gingham dress
- Winter: black or grey trousers
- Black shoes
- Plain grey tights or white socks
- Grey or black trousers / shorts
- White shirt or polo shirt or maroon school polo shirt
- Maroon school jumper / sweatshirt with embroidered motif
- Black shoes, with grey or black socks
- A pair of P.E. daps (KS1) or trainers (KS2)
- Leotard or Navy shorts for Girls; Navy shorts for BoysWhite t-shirt with logo or a plain white t-shirt (so as not to be confused with school shirt)
- Tracksuit bottoms and sweatshirt for winter activities (KS2 only)
- A named shoe bag large enough to hold all items of PE clothing