17th March 2020
For the most up to date health advice related to Coronavirus, please visit:
How long to stay at home if you have symptoms
- Anyone with symptoms should stay at home for at least 7 days.
- If you live with other people, they should stay at home for at least 14 days, to avoid spreading the infection outside the home.
What to do after 7 days:
After 7 days,
- if you no longer have a high temperature you can return to your normal routine.
- if you still have a high temperature, stay at home until your temperature returns to normal.
- if you still have a cough after 7 days, but your temperature is normal, you do not need to continue staying at home. A cough can last for several weeks after the infection has gone.
What to do after 14 days:
After 14 days,
- Anyone you live with who does not have symptoms can return to their normal routine.
- But, if anyone in your home gets symptoms, they should stay at home for 7 days from the day their symptoms start. Even if it means they’re at home for longer than 14 days.
[wow-icons lib=fa name=fa-exclamation-triangle size=”nm” align=”alignleft”] If you live with someone who is 70 or over, has a long-term condition, is pregnant or has a weakened immune system, try to find somewhere else for them to stay for 14 days.[wow-icons lib=fa name=fa-exclamation-triangle size=”nm” align=”alignleft”] If you have to stay at home together, try to keep away from each other as much as possible.
This advice is taken from www.NHS.uk: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/self-isolation-advice/
For individual advice, please use the NHS 111 website in the first instance to check symptoms: https://111.nhs.uk/covid-19
If necessary, then phone the NHS line on 111
If you need further information about when children can return to school after self-isolation, please use the websites mentioned above or contact 111.
School closure information:
Nailsworth Primary School remains open. If, at any time, you are unsure of whether Nailsworth Primary School will be closed, please check on the council website here: