At Nailsworth C of E Primary School, we want all our children to achieve the highest possible standards of education: academically, socially, creatively, emotionally and morally. Our vision statement, “Together, inspired by the challenge,” sums up our philosophy that education should engage ‘the whole child’. We believe this education should allow each child to flourish by reaching their full potential. We support and expect our children to be ambitious for themselves, whether that is within in the school community, as part of the local community, in the wider community and even globally.
Our aim is to nurture and encourage children to develop their talents, allowing them to tackle challenges, with careful, targeted support and direction. Our school curriculum is underpinned by Christian values and has been designed to be full, rich and deep, offering the children a broad range of experiences both within school and in the locality. The strong links we have built with St George’s Church and our local community allow our pupils to develop and grow.
We are guided by John 10:10 “I have come that you might have life; life in all its fullness.” We want the children within our school to develop in all areas and relish the unique and varied experiences that we can offer and therefore continually develop innovative, inspirational and creative ways to support them in doing this.
Our calm, purposeful environment allows our pupils to become independent, successful learners with a clear desire to achieve.
Our vision statement:
- To build an environment where our children can flourish.
- Provide a balanced, broad and rich curriculum that will engage and motivate all our children.
- To support our children to strive for academic excellence.
- Support our children to be active members of the school, church and local community.
- Encourage and grow spiritual awareness in our children.
- Develop in our children a sense of being part of a global community.
- To work with all stakeholders to ensure that the educational experience at our school is of the highest quality
- A caring, nurturing environment that meets the needs of each child.
- An inspirational child-centred curriculum that offers a wide range of experiences to prepare children for 21st Century life.
- A commitment to personalised teaching.
- Strong links with our local church and our local community.
- Opportunities to continually develop reflection and spirituality.
- Teaching and learning to maximise engagement in school, local, national and global issues.
- A focus on wellbeing for all our children.